Friday, November 6, 2009

SOMETIMES IT PAYS TO MAKE A PHONE CALL...

What does Rachel want for Christmas this year? She wants....

...to go see them (Widespread Panic)....
...here in Atlanta (Phillips Arena - Dec. 30 and 31)....

...and stay here (the Westin Peachtree Plaza).
She doesn't ask for much!
Anyway. I got the tickets for New Years Eve. (Josh won tickets for the show on the 30th when he was in Atlanta a few weeks ago at a wedding! Yea!) Then I went on Priceline to look at the rates for the hotel. They had a room available for both nights @ $191.25 a night. I figured this was good because it was New Years. Then I noticed that you had to be 21 to make the reservation, and you had to show valid ID at check in. Well, as you may know, Rachel nor Josh is 21.
I then went to the Westin web site and saw the same rate of $191.25 a night. I decided to call and make sure there would not be a problem with Rachel not being 21. This kind lady assured me that it would be fine, and she could reserve me a room for $230 a night! I was like "Hold UP." On the web site it says $191.25. She told me that was prepaid rooms with no cancellation available. I said I was willing to go ahead and buy the rooms today. She started looking at what was available. She then said, "Well, if that is the case, and you want to purchase them now with no cancellation available, then I can offer you the rate of $140 a night."
I said, "Hallelujah, and book 'em!" I am glad I picked up the phone.


No comments: