Friday, October 15, 2010

FLASH BACK FRIDAY

I thought I would talk about something I loved from my childhood today.  Then it dawned on me...Flash Back Friday!  What a great new theme!  Surely lots of people will want to guest blog about anything they fondly remember from their childhood!

Here goes..."Live from the Omni!  GEORGIA CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING!"  My brothers and I would watch this on TBS every Saturday and Sunday night.  We had our favorites - Billy was a huge fan of the Four Horsemen, I preferred The American Dream Dusty Rhodes.  He was always trying to find others to help him fight the 4 Horsemen.  They really kicked his a** one time breaking his wrist and his ankle.
I am telling you, this was when wrestling was really real!

I had a fun time researching this and remembering happy times!  Did any of you watch GCW?  If so, what was your favorite wrestler?  Some of the ones I remember most are Bob and Brad Armstrong (the Freebirds), Dusty Rhodes, the Road Warriors, Mr. Wrestling I and II, Ole and Arn Anderson, The Nature Boy Ric Flair, Junk Yard Dog, Buzz Sawyer, Andre the Giant (he never lost), Tommy Rich (he was hot)....


Dusty Rhodes

Junk Yard Dog

The 4 Horsemen bullying everybody

Buzz Sawyer

The Nature Boy Ric Flair and Gorden Solie (the announcer)
Have a great weekend!  And don't forget to practice your signature moves...Diving knee drop, Standing armbar twist behind the back, or the figure four leglock!

1 comment:

David T said...

OK... How about Rowdy Roddy Piper!