Thursday, November 4, 2010

Southern Fried Thursday

Here are some of you favorite quotes from one of my favorite movies...

Loretta Lynn: Hey Doolittle Lynn, who's that sow you got wallowin' in your jeep?

Girl: What'd you call me?
Loretta Lynn: A sow, that's a woman pig!

Doolittle: Hop in; I'll run you back up to the house. What are you doin' in this bottom anyway?

Loretta: I came to see the doctor.
Doolittle: What for, you sick?
Loretta: Yeah, I'm sick alright; I'm goin' to have a baby.
Doolittle: [laughing] You know, Loretta, we may have found something you know how to do.


[Doolittle walks out of the door after an argument with Loretta]

Loretta: Doolittle; are you leavin'?
Doolittle: [come back in the house] Naw, Loretta; *I* ain't leavin'.
[Loretta walks up to her parents' house]
Ted: Well, look whose back!
Loretta: Doolittle's done throwed me out.
Clara: Maybe it ain't to late to stop you from ruinin' your life.
Ted: I believe married life is makin' you fat, girl.
Clara: [to herself] Oh, no!

Loretta: I done wrote me a song Betty Sue. Your mama dadgome songwriter now.

Betty Sue Lynn: That's a nice song mama.
Loretta Lynn: Thank you baby


[the morning after the wedding night]

Loretta: This food's cold.
Doolittle: That's 'cause it froze on the way over here from the damn restaurant. You want a hot breakfast, you got to come with me.
Loretta: You think I'm going over there with you and all them folks knowin' what we been doin' in here?
Doolittle: Hell's Bells, Loretta. You think this is somethin' the rest of the world ain't caught onto yet? They don't give a damn.


Loretta Lynn: [Loretta is trying out a new song] It goes like this 'It'll be over my dead body, so get out while you can', then it drops down to 'cause you ain't woman enough to take my man!'

Doolittle: Where'd you come up with the idea for that song, Loretta?

Radio station manager: And come off that dumb hillbilly act!

Doolittle: If you knew Loretta, you'd know that ain't no act.
Loretta Lynn: Thank you, honey.


Loretta Lynn: An' stoppa that growlin'. You sound like a big ol' bar.


Loretta Lynn: [Loretta catches Doo with another woman] Woman, if you want to keep that arm, you better get it off my husband.

Girl at fairgrounds: Who are you telling what?
Loretta Lynn: I don't know who you are, but I know what you are.


Loretta Lynn: [Loretta is trying to practice the guitar but her sons keep interrupting] If you boys don't settle down on this porch I'm gonna have to whup you!

Loretta & Mooney's child: That's right!


Loretta Lynn: [in a radio interview] Shoot, we've been driving so much, I don't know where I am half the time. But it's fun. We sing, and talk, and Doo - that's my husband - he'll get to acting horny.

Speedy West: [shocked] What!
Loretta Lynn: And the more I laugh, the hornier he gets, and then he'll say, "Loretta, spread me up another one of them baloney sandwiches!"


Loretta Lynn: [In the bathroom of the honkytonk when Doo is trying to convince her to sing on stage for the first time] Loretta says : "I may be ignorant, but I ain't stupid!"

No comments: