I have a little book my mom gave me a couple of years ago called "The Seven Signs of Southerness - Famous Southerners on Being Southern." I have been using this book to post the quotes on Thursdays. Here are the 7 signs:
1. Expressing - We talk and laugh openly and often.
2. Timeweaving - We value the past as we progress.
3. Rooting - We revel in our sense of place.
4. Accommodating - We treat every situation and person as special.
5. Gathering - We cherish family and belonging.
6. Embracing - We welcome a variety of cultures.
7. Twinning - We blend pleasure into everything.