Thursday, August 26, 2010

SOUTHERN FRIED THURSDAY

September's Southern Living Magazine is titled "The Soul of the South: 25 People, Places and Traditions to Cherish and Celebrate." Of course, I loved it. You should get a copy. Eleanor Griffin is Editor in Chief of SL, and I think she sums things up rather nicely.

"The soul of the South is its people. We love to share food, stories, and advice - whether you ask us or not! There's no mistaking us. We're the women who can walk into any room and immediately find out everything about everybody in there, whether we know them or not. We're the men who forget a birthday yet memorize home game dates for out favorite college team. In our world, Coke is a food group and Mama rules the roost."

"We are a passionate people. We are the first to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance, but we can't stand bad barbecue. We love who we are and where we are. And we don't take it for granted. Taylor Bruce sums it up best: "Living in the South is the next best thing to being alive." I bet you agree."

I know I do! I am out of here until Monday, at least. I am on the moving team at work and will be moving our offices all weekend.

Love

No comments: