Thursday, April 1, 2010

SOUTHERN FRIED THURSDAY

"The summer picnic gave ladies a chance to show off their baking hands. On the barbecue pit, chickens and spareribs sputtered in their own fat and a sauce whose recipe was guarded in the family like a scandalous affair." - Maya Angelou

"Just being back home with my family, that's when I get carried away...I'm swept away by the security, the ordinariness." - Dave Mathews

"Every house my mother has ever lived in has had more beds in it than there were people actually livin in the house...those beds were filled with...cousins, friends, and kin staying with us while they looked for work or got through a rough patch in life." - Kentuckian Ronni Lundy

"My Daddy sometimes didn't get along with his brothers. They were jealous and suspicious of each other, and peace was oftern tentative when they socialized, but we always went to the beach together every summer." - Alabamian Tom Wofford

No comments: