Thursday, April 14, 2011

SOUTHERN FRIED THURSDAY

"All I can say is that there's a sweetness here, a Southern sweetness, that makes sweet music. . . . If I had to tell somebody who had never been to the South, who had never heard of soul music, what it was, I'd just have to tell him that it's music from the heart, from the pulse, from the innermost feeling. That's my soul; that's how I sing. And that's the South." – Al Green


“Yes, sir. I'm a real Southern boy. I got a red neck, white socks, and Blue Ribbon beer.” – Billy Carter

“Well, they're Southern people, and if they know you are working at home they think nothing of walking right in for coffee. But they wouldn't dream of interrupting you at golf.” – Harper Lee

“The summer picnic gave the ladies a chance to show off their baking hands. On the barbeque pit, chickens and spareribs sputtered in their own fat and a sauce whose recipe was guarded in the family like a scandalous affair.”– Maya Angelou

“Because I was born in the South, I am a Southerner. If I had been born in the North, the West or the Central Plains, I would be just a human being.” – Clyde Edgerton

No comments: