Friday, April 1, 2011

FLASH BACK FRIDAY

I started singing "Conjuction Junction, What's your function?" the other night on the couch.  Rachel is like "What in the world are you singing?"  I replied, "Conjuction, Junction" from School House Rock, remember?"  She replied no so....

...I started looking up all the old School House Rock videos on my phone and making her watch them!  I couldn't believe she had not heard of them.  I used to love seeing them on Saturday morning.  I also rmemeber when Saturday morning was the only time you could see cartoons on TV!  My fave SHR is "I'm Just a Bill."  I love the voice of that little bill, and the end when the big fat guy comes out of the White House and says "Congratulations, Bill, NOW YOU ARE A LAW!!!!"

I don't remember the first one above - My Hero Zero, but I do remember all the others.  I had forgotten about "Lolly Lolly Lolly Get Your Adverbs Here!"  The grean YEA! one is the one for interjections...you know they show emotion...(oh know, I feel singing coming on)...

Hey! That smarts!

Ouch! That hurts!
Yow! That's not fair givin' a guy a shot down there!

So when you're happy (Hurray!) or sad (Aw!)
Or frightened (Eeeeeek!) or mad (Rats!)
Or excited (Wow!) or glad (Hey!)
An interjection starts a sentence right.

Interjections (Hey!) show excitement (Yow!) or emotion (Ouch!).
They're generally set apart from a sentence by an exclamation point,
Or by a comma when the feeling's not as strong.

...Remeber how the last two lines were kind of spoken...in a soft voice.  Love it!

What was your favorite SHR?  Send me an email or comment and I will announce the most popular next week!

Rock On!

2 comments:

David T said...

Funny. I remember most of these (including My Hero Zero). I'm not sure which would be my favorite, but I think Conjunction Junction is the one I rmemember the best. Great topic!

Jamie said...

My favorite is Three is a Magic Number