Wednesday, January 4, 2012

LUNCH IN LAWRENCEBURG

After deciding not to eat the Kuntry Kitchen, I looked on my phone to find a unique place for TCW and I to eat.  Someone mentioned the Square-40 restaurant on the square so we headed there.

It was absolutely delicious!  The had a steam table, and you chose a meat and 3 veggies.  Add in sweet tea, and cornbread or roll, all for $7.

You could choose from roast and veggies, barbecue, chicken and rice;  veggies included green beans, mashed potatoes, turnip greens, hominy, stewed tomatoes and squash, butter peas...I forget what else.

We sat down and started pigging out!  You needed to add no seasoning at all!  Tasted just like your Grandma used to make!  Even the cornbread was salty, not sweet, just like I like it!

If you are ever up there, I suggest you check it out!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments: