- 1815 – Mount Tambora in Indonesia began one of the most violent volcanic eruptions in recorded history, killing at least 71,000 people, and affecting worldwide temperatures for the next two years.
- 1858 – Big Ben, the bell in the Palace of Westminster's clock tower in London, was cast after the original bell had cracked during testing.
- 1912 – The RMS Titanic began its ill-fated maiden voyage from Southampton in England, five days before its sinking.
- 1919 – Mexican Revolution leader Emiliano Zapata (pictured) was shot to death near Ciudad Ayala, Morelos.
- 1941 – World War II: The Independent State of Croatia was established, with Ustaše leader Ante Pavelić as head of the puppet government of the Axis powers.
- 2009 – Fijian President Ratu Josefa Iloilo announced that he had suspended the constitution and assumed all governance in the country after it was ruled that the government of Prime Minister Frank Bainimarama was illegal.
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
USELESS INFO TUESDAY
A different twist on Useless Info Tuesday. I have not brought my calander of useles info from home...this is from Wikipedia....
Posted by Laura Leigh