Thursday, July 12, 2012

KIDNAPPED!

Ok, I just had the shit scared out of me.  What a way to start a Thursday!

When I left for work this morning, Rachel had just gotten up and was smoking on the car port.  When I pulled into the parking lot at work, my cell phone rang.  It was Rachel's number, but it was Washaway on the phone.  He informed me that he arrived back from work (unable to work because of the rain), and Rachel's car, phone, and keys were there, the door was locked, but she was no where to be found!

"Is the dog there?" I asked. Yes. "She has to be there.  You're just not looking hard enough."  But, he informed me in a much worried voice that he had looked, he had been yelling her name.  I thought I was going to throw up.

I told him to call Lilly Beth (neighbor).  He did.  She was not there.  I told him to drive toward her Daddy's house.  We were both full of anxiety, scared.  I didn't know if I should turn around and go home or what the hell to do.  I walk into my office building and make it to my office.

Then I get a call from home:

R:  Hey.
LL:  WHERE ARE YOU?
R:  Home.  You locked me out of the house.
LL:  Oh my Gosh.  Call Josh right away.  He is so worried.
R:  I already did.
LL:  Where did you go?  Why didn't you go to Lily's?
R:  I tried.  I couldn't get anyone to answer the door.  I walked to Jennifer's but no one was home.
LL:  I feel like I am going to throw up.  Thank goodness you are alright.  Are you soaking wet?
R:  No, I had an umbrella.  Yep, an umbrella, cigarettes and a Pepsi.
LL:  Then you were all set, huh?
R:  Nerd, locking me out of the house.
LL:  We will hide a key tonight

No comments: