Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Rachel and the Doctor

Jenfer was at my house last night saying that her daughter and pretended to be sick the other day so she didn't have to go to school. When Jenfer came home from work and asked how she was she said, "Oh, fine." It reminded me of something that happened to Rachel a couple of years ago.

She was still in middle school. It was a Friday and she said she had a sore throat. I told her she still should try to go. She said she couldn't, she would even go to the doctor. Well, on Friday our Doctor is closed. I told her I would get G-ma to take her to Med Surg (that's a doc-in-the-box in Decatur). She agreed and went back to sleep.

After a few hours I get the following phone call.

r: I AM SO MAD....THAT DOCTORS JUST IN IT FOR THE MONEY!

ll: what?

r: HE'S JUST IN IT FOR THE MONEY!

ll: What in the world are you talking about?

r: HE GAVE ME A THROAT CULTURE EVEN AFTER I TOLD HIM I WAS FAKING JUST SO HE COULD GET THE MONEY FOR THE TEST!!!

ll: (laughing) Well, he should have given you a shot to.

r: URGGGGG (hangs up)

You see, our doctor does not want to do anything uncomfortable to you. He looks at your throat and if he does not think it is strep, he won't do a culture. Here she was with a strange doctor, and he is going to do a culture, and she is honest and says she was faking, and he does the culture anyway!

Priceless.

Love you Boo

1 comment:

Rachel Campbell said...

that doctor is a horrible person.