Wednesday, February 18, 2009

KITCHEN WALL

This is my wall in the kitchen. I really like how so many haphazard things can look good (I think) when grouped (crazily) together. When I see this wall it makes me smile. There are many memories from items on these shelves.

My friend Beverly gave me these painted ladies through the years. The cookie jar's name is Laura. The salt and pepper are Iris and Violet. The picture beside them (by the air fern - love air ferns - don't have to do anything to them - I am not even sure they are real?) is the Bird Girl statue in Savannah. Remember, it was on the cover of Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. Tim brought me the picture from a trip of his. It is framed real cute - shadowbox (I bought the frame).

Here is a wooden snake my friend Denise made me. She has such creativity! I think tonight I will just go around my house and take pictures of all the things she has made me and do a blog about her. Probably will take more than one blog. I love her - and her husband is alright too! Cute how I put a frame around the phone jack if I do say so myself. No one ever notices that. I guess because there is so much going on on the wall.

This is a surfing frog my brother David gave me. I have no idea why he gave me a surfing frog, but I am glad he did. Froggy goes so well with all the other stuff. The wooden olive art was done by my friend Kelli. "One martini, two martini, three martini, floor!"
Any way, I love this wall. It is part of what makes my house my home. It, and a crazy, big eared, hyper puppy dog is the first thing I see when I get home. Makes me feel good.
Love
PS: Sorry about the delay in blogging. Rachel and Jimmy are both unwell and I have been scurrying between dr.s appointments for the last two days. I will do better.



2 comments:

brymer said...

You friend, Beverly, reads this blog and wishes you would call her!

Ringo said...

we love you too LL!!