Monday, August 3, 2009

ODES FROM A 6 YEAR OLD...

I have these 3 poems that Rachel wrote in 1st grade using "Writing to Read." The purpose of the software was to teach the child to write phonetically. As long as they could read what they wrote, it was good. I have kept these poems in my desk drawer at all my various jobs. I love to pull them out and read them. Here are two of them. I am typing them just as Rachel did.


O, Easter lily you are speshl to me.
You only bloom in Easter time.
O,o,o,o, your the best from the mounten top.
O, your time has come to bloom.
O, siting on a mounten top.
When your the best flower of mine.

Rachel
1-9-97


Rain, rain make it rain. With the
parts of life. Be with in your mite.
Make it be a wet day. In till the end
of time. Make it be twise of rain.
Have time go by old rain.

Rachel
4-10-97


I think they are brilliant! I love you Booboo.

No comments: