Monday, May 3, 2010

WAITRESSES SAY THE DARNDEST THINGS...

Yesterday I had lunch with TCW. We were going to go to Cracker Barrel, but when we pulled up there were about 2800 people waiting outside for a table. I wanted to say, "Don't you crazy people know there is bad weather coming! What are you doing here? Go home." Instead, we left to find quicker nourishment.

We ended up at the "Home of the Fried Green Tomato." You know where I am talking about - on 6th Avenue. Boy, what a crowd you can find in there....

...but the real surprise was our waitress. After she had delivered our food and we were enjoying a delicious meal of country fried steak, mashed potatoes, fried green tomatoes, she proceeds to go to the counter and fold up silverware. Well, not really fold, but shove into these lovely plastic bags. Anyway, she is talking to some customers sitting in a booth somewhere behind us and she states (for all the wold to hear), "Well, I ain't gonna let him get me in trouble. I ain't going back to prison." I just about choked on my mashed!

Needless to say, I left a hefty tip!

No comments: