Thursday, June 10, 2010

SOUTHERN FRIED

Hopefully soon I will have a guest blogger (hint hint) that will submit a Southern Fried Thursday post - You know who you are....


"Truth be told my Father had cured me of hunting and fishing by the time I had reached my teens...the man was serious, I'm telling you, serious about his hunting and fishing. And I just broke under the strain." - Michael Swindle in "Mulletheads"

"There would always come a night when Momma put our clothes in paper sacks and buttoned our coats, begging us not to cry, to shush, baby, we're goin' to see Grandma...we would wait for the headlights of an uncle or aunt's car to appear, and then we knew we were safe." - Rick Bragg in "All Over but the Shoutn'"

"The South is what we started out with in the bizarre, slightly troubling, basically wonderful country - fun, danger, friendliness, energy, enthusiasm, and brave, crazy, tough people. - P.J. O'Rourke

No comments: