Monday, February 14, 2011

THE SOCIAL NETWORK

Rachel and I watched the movie "The Social Network" on Saturday night.  I had put off watching it thinking it would not be good, but, boy, was I wrong!  It is a great movie and I can't wait to watch it again.  The actor playing Mark Zuckerberg was superb.  I can sure see why he won the Golden Globe for best actor.

Favorite moments from the movie:

Lawyer: "Mr. Zuckerberg, do I have your full attention?"
Mark Zuckerberg: "No."
Lawyer: "Do you think I deserve it?"
Mark Zuckerberg: "What?"
Lawyer: "Do you think I deserve your full attention?"
Mark: "I had to swear an oath before we began this deposition, and I don't want to perjure myself, so I have a legal obligation to say no."
Lawyer: "Okay...no. You don't think I deserve your attention."
Mark Zuckerberg: "I think if your clients want to sit on my shoulders and call themselves tall, they have the right to give it a try, but there's no requirement that I enjoy sitting here listening to people lie. You have part of my attention - you have the minimum amount. The rest of my attention is back at the offices of Facebook, where my colleagues and I are doing things that no one in this room, including and especially your clients, are intellectually or creatively capable of doing. Did I adequately answer your condescending question?



Marilyn Delpy: "You really hate the Winklevoss twins, don't you? "
Mark Zuckerberg: "I don't hate anybody. The Winklevi aren't suing me for intellectual property theft. They're suing me because for the first time in their lives, the world didn't work the way it was supposed to for them."
(loved how he referred to the Winklevoss twins as plural!  this is Rachel's favorite line)


Mark Zuckerberg: "You know you really don't need a damn forensic team to get to the bottom of this. If you guys were the inventors of Facebook you'd have invented Facebook"
Divya Narendra (Max Minghella): "I'm just gonna stand over your shoulder while you write us a check."
Mark Zuckerberg: "No shit"



Erica Albright (Rooney Mara): "You are going to go through life thinking that girls don't like you because you're a nerd. And I want you to know from the bottom of my heart that that won't be true. It'll be because you're an asshole."

No comments: