Friday, July 24, 2009

ADDICTION

Alright, it is time for me to really come clean. I guess I am getting all of the spider webs out of my closet. You should feel very lucky you read my blog today. I have already come clean that I am probably fixing to start stalking Daniel Radcliffe (of Harry Potter fame), and now, I need to let you know that I am addicted. Yes, that is right, I am addicted to my new little toy, the Nintendo DSi.
I have been playing games like crazy. I can't wait to go home and play on this little machine. I have let very important activities slide...especially watching my favorite TV shows (and you know I have a lot of them). This is how crazy it has gotten. Last night I tore myself away to watch Big Brother at Tim's with Tim, Beth, and Andy. I watched 49 minutes of the show and had two of the girls names switched. I bet they thought I was a loon when the contestants kept voting to evict Laura and I was like, "Damn, that is the one I like." When in actuality, I can't (or couldn't stand her). Then I had to admit that I had the names mixed up. This is already the 8th show. I have been letting my duties as an experienced television show watcher slide because I am sitting on my couch playing Slingo, Super Mario Brothers, Chicken Shoot......the list goes on and on.

Pray for me.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Did you actually go out and buy yourself the Nintendo?? I am begining to worry.

Laura Leigh said...

i sure did. and i love it.

Rich said...

So would you compare it to like... playing Wii or X-Box, Laura? I only play the console games, and not too, too often -- usually, though certainly not always, I'm playing with my kids.

My kids have both (hand held Nintendo DS and X-box and Wii), and they play both (too much, probably). Which is better? Well, obviously, if you're in a car on the passenger side for a trip, the hand-held is better... but I mean straight up, which would you rather play?

I like video games enough to know how easy the addiction is. Welcome to the dark side. :)

Laura Leigh said...

Hey Rich, to be honest, I have never played Wii. I heard it is great. I had better not pick it up, or I will be out even more money!