Monday, July 13, 2009

YUMMY VEGGIE SPREAD

I made this yummy veggie spread out of Cotton Country (the best cookbook in the whole wide world, in case you didn't know). Now, if you don't like mayonaise, you should probably refrain. You can use any fresh veggies you like. I follow the directions and use tomatoes, green pepper, cucumbers, onions, and celery.
Now, this part might sound gross, but it is really good. Trust me. You mix mayo and Knox gelatin. And if any of you know me, the ONLY mayo I even recognize is HELMANS! The absolute best.!
I will tell you a little pet peeve of mine about Hellmans, though. Most recipes will call for 2 cups or 16 OZ of mayo. But look here....Hellmans medium jar is only 15 oz. I assume they are doing that so you will have to go ahead and buy the bigger jar. Pretty smart on their part, but it does kind of irk me. Understand, though, not enough to make me even consider using another kind.

Then you just fold the veggies into the mayo mix, pop into the frig and let it congel. See how much ceramic blue-white kitty loves it.


Yummy, yummy, yummy! I prefer it best on Triscuits!


2 comments:

Jamie said...

I just threw up in my mouth a bit.

Laura Leigh said...

I knew you would. I did that post just for you. Love