Friday, March 20, 2009

Best Lunch Ever!

If you did not eat lunch with me yesterday, then I am sorry. Yesterday I think I ate the best lunch I have ever had! Lynn, Laura and I went to one of my favorite resturants - Chef's Table.
We had the appetiser of Olive Medley. That is different kinds of olives, onions and roasted peppers in a yummy marinade, served with crusty bread for dipping. I could drink the marinade! Then, I ordered my usual - the potato crusted mahi mahi. It is covered in a white wine cream sauce with capers...my favorite. It comes with a yummy greek type salad.
It was all so good, I decided to order dessert. The manager told us the specials. Then he said on the last one, "Now this is going to sound weird, but it is really, really good. It is a slice of cheese cake with a strawberry-jalapeno sauce." I said I would take it. IT WAS DELICIOUS!!!!!! The heat from the pepper made the cheesecake and strawberries just explode and melt in your muth at the same time.
I came straight back to work and tried to find a recipe for strawberry-jalapeno sauce. No recipe, but I did find a place to order some. I am going to do that right now!

No comments: