Monday, March 9, 2009

Polly's Dip

I made fruit dip this weekend. Mom was over yesterday and I asked her if she wanted any dip and fruit to take home with her. She did, so I put some delicious raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, and grapes in a plastic to go bowl. I spotted a small sour cream container in with my tupperware and thought that would be perfect to hold the dip. Conversation as follows:

P: this is so good. I made a dip with sour cream before.
L: that doesn't have sour cream
P: oh, what is in it?
L: plain yougurt, heavy whipping cream and brown sugar
P: and how much sour cream?
L: it does not have any, I just put it in a sour cream container

(by this next one, I could tell she was not paying any attention to what I had been saying)

P: (getting another dip) well, you sure can't taste the sour cream.

I just turned around and walked back to the den, a defeated shell of a 40 year old woman.

No comments: