Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ahhh, the good old days....

Remember when you went to the grocery store and got your receipt and it wasn't 21.33 inches long? Remember? You can tell I am not exagerating - that is a wine cork to the upper left of the receipt. Now, at ghetto Piggly Wiggly, not only is your receipt 21.33 inches long for purchasing 18 items (of course they have to show you haw much you saved per item - yeah right), but you also get a 2 1/2 foot print out of coupons! Coupons for stuff you don't even buy.

One of the items I bought was butter. Guess what - my 4 foot coupon reciept (I know the length is growing - just roll with me) has a coupon for 3 cents (more) off "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter." If they really wanted to help, just give me a coupon for butter, which is what I buy! Give me a break! I started to crumble it up and throw it away while cussing. Then I noticed a $5.00 off coupon on my next purchase of $35 or more. Hell - All I would have to purchase is some toilet paper (don't get me started on that), a toothbrush and some gum, that would almost get me to $35.

No comments: