Monday, June 1, 2009

POINT MALLARD

Yea for the beautiful weather this weekend. I was able to go swimming at Point Mallard both days. On Saturday, I went by myself and just sat out by the river. It was nice to relax, get some sun and read my book.

Sunday was a different story. Tims nieces are in town (Amanda's girls) - Olivia and Sarah. So on Sunday I went to the park with them and Miss Polly (Tim's mom). Let me just say, a rowdy water park is no place for a 40 year old, worn out, crazy woman. I was so worn out when I got home. We swam in the wave pool (and may I just add, this was the first wave pool ever - at least in the United States).
Then we moved on to the honking water slide! It was so fun! This picture really does not do it justice. The slide is like 4 stories tall. And it is bigger than you think from this picture. That little blob in the middle of the slide is two people going down on a raft that is about 3 foot by 6 foot. I got to ride with Sarah. The second time we came down so fast we slid right past the life guard and the rope. I had to reach back and grab his hand to reel us back in!
I had a great time at point mallard. It was a blast, but I sure am sore....
....walking around here looking somewhat like Yoda....please find my cane!

1 comment:

Ringo said...

Sounds like a great time was had....we have my two nephews over this week, gonna take them to Lake Lanier Islands water park. It has a wave pool too! xxoo