Thursday, June 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Rachel!

19 years ago today, I was at Decatur General Hospital and had delivered a healthy baby girl by C-section. It was the most wonderful day of my life. I have had the pleasure of being Rachel's Mommy for all these years. I love her so, and am so proud of her.

One year ago today, we were sitting at a little cafe across the street from this building sharing a glass of wine and enjoying the scenery. Do you remember where we were? Um, try Rome! I would kill to be there right now, with or without Rachel (Hey - it is a dog eat dog world!).
Here is Rachel in St. Peter's square. We had just been blessed by the Pope. This was a Wednesday, so he was actually out in the square only about 75 yards from us, not just blessing us from the window of his home. It was a pretty special experience. It is weird because I am reading Dan Brown's "Angels and Demons" and a Cardinal (in the book) was just found murdered in this very spot - Neat.
Here she is in a very special place. Do you recognize it. The stairs kind of reming me of a stadium or an arena, except very old.....


...yes, it is the Colosseum! Amazing place - such history - it was like being in the movies. I carried that Beetles shirt she is wearing as a gift for her. Good thing I did, because her luggage was lost and did not arrive until the 2nd night.



Happy 19th Birthday, Rachel - Greetings from Rome (at least in my head right now)

Love

No comments: