Friday, October 31, 2008

Give me a break!

Yesterday I stopped by the grocery store to pick up a few items to bake a cake for work for Halloween. I bought 10 items and somehow this nitwit bagger boy managed to put them in 7 bags. It was crazy. I have 2 reuseable grocery bags that Rachel and Nathan gave me last year. They fold up real small in your purse, but can expand pretty big. I am really going to start making a more green effort at the store, expecially when I am only picking up a few things.

Packing from Lucky's:

Bag 1: Dreft (I can understand this one because it is detergent)
Bag 2: Foil pans
Bag 3: Eggs
Bag 4: 2 small bags of Butterfinger Candy Bars
Bag 5: cake mix and Pam
Bag 6: 2 small boxes Kung Fu Chicken eggrolls


Bag 7: Cool Whip, Sweetened Condensed Milk, and jar of ice cream caramel topping

Now, let me point out that Bag 7 was packed by another bagger because I had forgotten some items and had to go back.

Here is how it should have been done.

Bag 1: Dreft (still give them that one)
Bag 2: Foil pans, cake mix and pam
Bag 3: Butterfingers, then egg rolls then eggs on top
Bag 4: Same as bag 7

That would have cut the plastic waste by 42.86% I need a life!

Happy Halloween!

No comments: