Wednesday, November 26, 2008

When the Roll is Called Up Yonder!


(Ok, I stole the title of this post off the web)
Now, this is earth-shattering news. Kraft Foods no longer makes the garlic cheese roll!!!!!! I can't believe it. No wonder after going to 7 stores last night I could not find it. Yes, I said 7.
1. Publix
2. Lucky's
3. Kroger
4. Hollaways
5. Walmart
6. Meximart (really Star)
7. Piggly Wiggly
What are us Southerners going to do. How will we make Garlic Cheese Grits for Thanksgiving and Christmas morning? Can we go on?
I made cheese grits last night for Jimmy and his kids to eat tomorrow. I used velveeta and garlic powder. Then I saw this article below. I actually put in my garlic powder by the 1/4 tsp and put in 3 for the grits.
I hope you all realize the importance of this news. This is a sad day America.
"Huge news flash, Feb. 21, 2008 — well, for me anyway. The Kraft company has stopped making Garlic Cheese Roll. A call to the Kraft consumer hotline confirmed that “not enough consumers were buying the product to justify continued production.” In other words, the passion of millions of people in one-fourth of the US for cheese with grits meant nothing to a company with hundreds of product lines. Social chaos is likely to ensue in the Sunbelt. What will Southerners serve at Christmas morning breakfast and wedding brunches. Did the company consult one single Southerner before they discontinued it?
It’s like a whole way of life coming to an end. First they came for the garlic cheese roll. Can whipped topping and mushroom soup be far behind? Without those basic ingredients, there could be no community cookbooks. I better dust off my resume.If you reached this page looking for a substitute for Kraft Garlic Cheese roll, try this. For every 6-ounce package, substitute 6 ounces of Velveeta and 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder. Taste and add another 1/8 teaspoon if needed"

No comments: