Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Featured Artist - Andrew Wyeth

Yea! New category added to Blog: Featured Artist! I can just feel your enthusiasm! (not) Ok, Ok, I will keep them short, and sparse....but I do like to share things I love. And who knows, you might find yourself enjoying it. I won't do a bio of the artist, or anything like that, just show you some pictures that have a special place in my heart.

Andrew Wyeth was the first exhibit that I carried Rachel to when she was 5 years old. We both fell in love with his work.

This is "Master Bedroom" and is my favorite painting in the whole wide world ever!!!! I love this scene. When I look at it, it relaxes me, makes me feel good inside. You have probably seen this before.

This is "Christine's World" and you have probably seen it too. It is one of his most famous. He lived with Christine and her brother in the farmhouse you see in the background for a long time. She had polio.
This is "Groundhogs Day" (below - my spacing is acting up) not sure why it is called that, and this picture does not do it justice. The wallpaper on the walls is so intricate in the painting.

This is "Wind from the Sea" another favorite of mine. The detail of the lace is unbelievable. You can almost feel the wind on your face. Lovely.



And you probably all remember "Helga" not one of my favorites of his, but it did make him famous.

Now, was that so painful? Thank you for coming along for the ride. I promise not to do another "Featured Artist" for at least two weeks.
Love




1 comment:

annissa said...

I have always loved the Wyeth's works. I don't know if you remember or not, but my parent's had a painting in the living room!