Thursday, April 9, 2009

Gremlins or Polly? You guess.

OK, here is how it is. My sweet, kind mom goes to my house during the day to let Spikey out to do his business. Then she let's him back in until I get home. Until I can afford to "Spike" proof the back fence, this will work out fine. I can always tell if Mom has been "looking" around when I get home. I can especially tell if she helps herself to a little snack. And, don't get me wrong, of course I totally do not care...she could eat anything she wants at my house. The problem is, she does not leave items the way she found them. For example....check out the back of jelly beans below....
...there is a good 5" area of air trapped in the bag. Yes, she resealed the bag, but trapped all the air inside. Excuse me, but isn't air what makes things go stale. I know, I know, jelly beans are not going to go stale for about 8 months, but still...the bag should be properly closed like this:


Here is another example of what I am talking about, and in this case, it would make a difference if air is in the bag. Now, this is a re-enactment....The names have been changed to protect the identity of the innocent. Remember, all suspects are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Viewer discression is advised. (I know I am crazy!) I actually stumbled upon the pretzel bag last week.
OK, this is an exaggeration...it didn't have the clip to the side and a gaping hole at the top, but it was just clipped at the very top, with about 8 to 9" of air trapped in the bag.
LL: Mom did you eat some pretzels?
M: No, wait, yes, how did you know. Did I not seal them up? (she knows herself so well)
LL: You sealed them, but with a whole lot of air in the bag.
M: Oh, well....
LL: But, that is what will make them stale - the air.
M: I know that
(exaggerated photo from disgruntled pretzel bag owner below)
This is what the bag actually looked like.....pitiful. Took a good five hours of freshness out of my Snyder's of Hanover Sourdough Nibblers. Shame
Just to let you know, I had taken a picture of a properly closed Pretzel bag, but I can only upload 5 pictures per blog. You will have to wait until another time, or drop by and I will show you how the task should be performed. In case you have an emergency, e-mail me.
Love - Happy Thursday!




No comments: