Monday, April 13, 2009

WICKED!

I took Mickey and my Mom to see "Wicked" for their birthday's this Saturday. We had such a nice time. Ate at the Mellow Mushroom in 5 Points Birmingham, and then went to the play. And let me just say, "Wicked" was, well, WICKED! I loved it! It is the story of the Wicked Witch of the West (and East) and Glenda the Good Witch from the Wizard of Oz, but it tells you the story of their young lives and all the events that led up to what you know from The W of O. It was wonderful!

Here is a picture of Glenda and Elphaba. The two actors we saw were brilliant. Glenda is portrayed as a dumb blonde....she was hillarious. The story even explains why Elphaba was green. There are so many twists and turns that add to the story.

The stage and costumes were gorgeous! It was all so ALIVE! (and green)

This scene gave me chill bumps. It was so exciting! The special effects were great. This is where Elphaba decides she is going to fight the Wizard. And what is weird is you are on here side, not the Wizard - he really turns out to be a bad guy.
I read the book before going. It was a hard read, but very good. The play is a lot different, the ending is totally different, but having read it, I understood the characters and was able to enjoy it that much more.
If you get a chance to see "Wicked" please do. I know I will see it again. I can't wait to take Rachel!
Happy Monday

No comments: